Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Truth, Honestly.

So this is going to be a short one.

A few days ago.. Ok maybe a week or two I ran across this verse: "The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." -Psalm 145:18.

What does it mean to "call in truth?"

What does it mean? It's a good question. I guess to answer that question you need to think about what truth is... I think in most instances when we think about speaking the truth it means to be honest.. So, when this verse says that the Lord is near to all who "call on him in truth," I believe the Psalmist is telling us to call on him with honesty!
Could this mean that we are to call out, to cry out to God with honesty on our hearts and on our lips? To lay our hearts out, to be honest with our struggles? Are we to be "straight up" with God? No facades, no sugar coating? YES!

I think this is a beautiful promise! When we are humbled to come before God and just say "God, I am scared. God I need you... and I sin in this, this and this way. I Think wrongly in this way. Sometimes I don't trust you! I love you though, and I'm trying.. God I need you so bad!!" The promise we have is that the Lord is "near" to all who "call in truth" or as I believe those who are honest when God. Not that He doesn't know all these things already.. But He is concerned with our hearts, because He is a personal being. God wants us to tell Him what is up with us.. It's like when a child breaks a vase and the parent says... ok, who broke this vase?? The parent knows it was the child.. But they ask because they want their beautiful child to tell them on their own!

This is why we are to call out to God in truth. God wants us to tell him the truth on our own.. And His promise is that He'll be near to us. He'll protect us and watch over us. He'll comfort us in His arms. He is a Father.. An amazing gracious Father!!




1 comment:

  1. Profound thoughts Josh:) Keep up the writing seeking the Lord honestly.

    ReplyDelete