Thursday, August 6, 2009

Glory.


I turn and face the facts;

We’ve ruined God’s fair world.


With our lies

and addictions

and with dripping lust.


I’ve pulled up my chair and tuned in my television set

to watch the fall of God’s good creation.


Sitting around, no action took.

Is it not my job?

I put Him on the cross, I’ve no cross to bare.


How did it come to this?

This garden once was perfect.*

Now, over-grown with weeds. I can barely find my way.


I am supposed to be His glory? What a glorified mess.

Although I am a broken man, my minds at peace,

Because I find beauty in God's love as He mends my shattered soul.



*This line is adapted from lyrics from The Hush Sound.



P.S. Sorry, I've slacked a bit on the blogage... I've been busy.





3 comments:

  1. I love this.
    Love Love Love it.
    amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Josh...this is pretty incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have been a good poet. You should nurture and grow that talent.

    ReplyDelete