Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hunger!

If I opened my bible half as much as I check up on my Twitter, I’d be a theologian by now.
I am a day in to this fast; I have already realized how much time that I have free to do other stuff in the day when I am not preoccupied with Facebook and Twitter. I have more time to pray and read my bible. It’s actually pretty spectacular.
Another thing being made apparent to me is that I am a glutton. You may not think so when you look at me. But, spend a day with me and you’ll see how much I eat. My close friends can attest to that. I really do just do it to pass time. I totally enjoy it. As of right now I am pretty-dang hungry. This whole not eating thing is super foreign to me. I think I’m slowly getting used to it though.

So far, I haven’t had any spiritual revelations, yet. However, I have definitely had some really great prayer and bible time. I am looking forward to where tomorrow takes me.

Pray that God reveals himself to me during this time. Pray for me to seek God, not just hide and wait for him to find me. Pray for God to give me strength.

1 comment:

  1. Maturity comes in many ways. So do spiritual revelations. Don't discount what you are learning about yourself as not having spiritual revelations. Maybe what God wants you to learn is simply more about your own self and your own limitations. Just a thought........

    ReplyDelete