Monday, July 13, 2009

This is Really Happening...

I wish my words came out poetic, but they don’t. I wish I could write a thousand words and woo everyone reading. I can’t.

There are so many thoughts and feelings in my head that know no one will get to understand, because I can’t say them in tangible words. Most times I stumble over my tongue and I just sound chaotic... I hope that with this blog I can write it all out, and have it make sense. That’s my goal.

My life is going to be changing drastically in the next few months. I will be embarking on a life changing journey.

In September, I leave for Lausanne, Switzerland. Located on Lake Geneva. I will be part of an organization called YWAM (Youth With A Mission). This amazing organization has been impacting lives for decades. I am so excited to be a part of it.

While in Switzerland I’ll be taking part in a 3 month DTS (Discipleship Training School). Throughout this time I will be learning SO MUCH about the bible. I am so excited for how my relationship and personal walk with Christ will grow! There will be speakers every week, along with intense bible study and prayer. (I’ll also have chances to explore Switzerland and surrounding countries).

After my 3 month stay in Lausanne, I will transition from learning and preparing to actually putting that stuff to use. I have no idea where I will be for the next 3 months of my journey. All that I know is that wherever Christ takes me, I am so ready.


So, this is where I’m at. 2 months away. and I’m shaking in my boots. So scared, yet so excited... Still much to do.


Pray that I will be emotionally ready, spiritually ready, mentally ready. Pray that I will get to know people right away and build relationships that will last a lifetime. Pray for support to come in. Pray for a sound mind, for purity. Pray for my leaders and for my fellow YWAMers. Pray that I can put myself aside and serve others, without hesitation. Pray for my flight. Pray for the speakers. Pray that I can spread God’s love to EVERYONE I talk to. Pray for my public speaking. Pray for courage over my fears. Pray for me to love others.


This will be my attempt to articulate my thoughts, feelings, emotions, experiences, and things that I learn along the way. Hopefully I can paint an accurate picture of what it’s like to see the world and God through my eyes. Here it goes. This is really happening...

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Joshua. I love you and i'll miss you so much! Make sure and skype if you can!

    Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im proud of you Josh.
    You don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do great Josh. I'm so proud of you and I'll be praying for you. Keep blogging every day, even now. Get in the habit. And remember to post pics too.

    ReplyDelete