Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First day of class!

So we started class today! Read through the book of Joshua(how fitting) and discussed it. Wow.. There's some parts in the middle that are a mouth full! I really love the example of Joshua though.

The way he obeyed God even in scary situations. I don't think Joshua was fearless. I think he followed God's commandment to be courageous. I have heard Courage defined as: Not having an absence of fear, but carrying on with what needs to be done, or what you believe in regardless of your fear. I think that was exactly what Joshua did. He knew God's promise in Joshua 1:9, that He would always be with him! So, even though Joshua and the Israelites were in many daunting situations, they carried on and accomplished what God put in front of them.. Not because they were fearless, but because they had faith and were courageous and followed through with God's instructions.. And God fulfilled His promise. He was with them everywhere they went. He gave them all of the land that they stepped foot on!

So far all we've done is start doing some reading. No studying or lectures yet! I'm so excited to start doing more though! Wow, it is going to be some crazy hard work!

Pray that I would hunger for the Word. Pray that I would be able to focus and concentrate. Pray that my mind wouldn't explode with so much knowledge! Well, actually an explosion of knowledge might not be too bad.. but play that it wouldn't overwhelm me! :)

I love you all!
-Josh

2 comments:

  1. Well put....and you are getting so wise!
    Love Mom<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that you would talk about this on your first day because its the verse I gave you before you left. =] Love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete